Most Cincinnati patio home buyers are looking for a few key things in their next home:
Now there are obviously other factors that influence their decision process.
And obviously there are other factors to consider too.
One of the key questions to answer? Basement or no basement?
MOST patio home buyers do consider how their life will be impacted by today's buying choices.
And what is often an issue as we get older? Knees. The ability to easily negotiate flights of stairs can become an issue, one of the main reasons most patio home builders have a HEAVY emphasis on single level living.
So why have a basement at all, especially if you expect to not want to go down there as you get older?
There are actually a handful of reasons that fall into the pro-basement column:
1. Storage space. Got more stuff than you know what to do with after living in your current home for 25 years? A basement may be the difference between hanging on to some family heirlooms, selling them or paying for storage.
2. Separate spaces. It may not matter too much for a solo buyer, but with couples it's often desirable to have some room to spread out in the house. A craft room, a workshop, just a place to get some distance away from each other if needed.
3. Playtime for the kiddies. When the grandkids come over, send them down to the rec room while the adults stay upstairs.
4. Duck and cover. We're in Ohio, and that means sometimes the weather gets a little twisty. A place with a little more shelter is not a bad thing to have access to when things get rough.
5. Resale. A buyer that doesn't really want a basement CAN buy a patio home with a basement. But a buyer that HAS to have a basement? They're not buying a patio home on a slab.
Now sometimes the choice is made for you. If you want one of Epcon's courtyard homes in West Chester or the patio homes at Liberty Grand, they're all on slabs. If you want one of the last spots at Cincinnati's 55+ community Heritage At Miami Bluffs, Drees Homes is ONLY filling those last lots with patio homes that have full basements.
No matter what you want as a Cincinnati patio home buyer, we have the expertise to help match up your needs with available patio home choices. Just call/text Bill at 513-520-5305 or email Liz@LizSpear.com and we can discuss how we can best help you!
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill and Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map