When a buyer contacts us about helping them purchase a Cincinnati patio home we're going to have a few questoins to help with the search.
Where do they want to live?
What's their comfortable price range?
Are there certain community amenities they must have?
And of course, do they want a basement?
There's obviously three answers to that last question.
A definite NO.
A definite YES.
And either with or without a basement is fine as long as all the other key criteria are met.
Now obviously there are considerations for each condition.
Typically our buyers that want a home with no basement are driven by the following:
1. Stairs are (or will be) a problem to navigate so why have a space that involves going up and down them?
2. They're downsizing and KNOW that if they have the extra space, they'll fill it!
3. Cost savings (a patio home with a basement costs more to construct than a patio home on a slab).
Obviously storage space has to be examined when looking at a patio home without a basement.
For those desiring a basement the following matter:
1. The extra living space. Either the spouses would like to have some separate spaces for hobbies, offices, etc.
2. A place for visitors (send the grandkids downstairs so the adults can talk upstairs).
3. Additional storage space (if needed).
4. A place to duck and cover if a storm is bad.
Depending on preference, some patio home communities are eliminated.
Want a basement? Forget about Liberty Grand in Liberty Township or Park Place and Bel Haven in West Chester as every patio home in those locations is built on a slab.
On the other hand, Cincinnati's only 55+ community Heritage At Miami Bluffs has a mix of basement and non-basement homes. Their courtyard home series were strictly built on slabs. However, there patio homes may or may not have a basement (although most DO have a basement).
Bottom line, we're here to find that perfect match for your needs and the available patio home communities.
Need help with your Greater Cincinnati patio home purchase? Give us a call at 513-520-5305 or email Liz@LizSpear.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map