Even in the best of times, Cincinnati patio homes for sale are rather limited, and that makes sense.
Patio homes are often meant to be the final home purchase for our buyers. They're looking for someplace nice to call home, but maybe with different critieria than they had while they were raising their family and commuting to work daily.
They're looking for a place to call home, a place to make new friends, but still close to the people and places they care about.
And once they find that place, they stay put. In our experience, there aren't too many things that will make them leave their patio home:
1. They want a DIFFERENT patio home, maybe smaller, maybe bigger.
2. Health issues take away their ability to live independently (and worst case, the Grim Reaper calls their name).
3. The grandkids move, and that magnetic force is ENORMOUS. Where the grandkids go, we often see the grandparents follow.
The net result is patio homes for sale can be fairly scanty, and currently the selection is even worse than normal. Patio homes in the most desired communities are going under contract quickly. Older patio homes that need updated take a bit longer to sell. And in some communities, there's just nothing to be had for sale. The communities are small and everyone is staying put.
So our recommendation if you're interested in buying a patio home is put yourself in the best position to succeeed:
1. Be able to buy your patio home WITHOUT needing to sell another home. Either make arrangements for financing tocarry two mortgages if need be, or sell your home and be prepared to rent temporary housing.
2. Be prepared to act quickly, but still be patient. It may take a bit for the right home to come on the market, but when it does, LET'S GO!
3. Consider new construction. New patio homes won't be available at all price ranges and locations, so some compromise may be needed.
Need help with your Greater Cincinnati patio home purchase? Give us a call at 513-520-5305 or email Liz@LizSpear.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map