You're ready to downsize. A Cincinnati patio home sounds REALLY appealing! Let someone else sweat during the summer cutting that grass! Let someone else freeze when there's snow on the ground! And if you love to travel? Lock the door and let the journey begin!
But FIRST we have to find you the right patio home and one of your biggest choices is whether to build a new construction patio home or to buy a resale patio home in the Greater Cincinnati area. It's an important decision and we're here to help you make that decision.
Pros for a new construction patio home:
- Built with YOUR tastes. YOUR choice in flooring, paint colors, kitchen cabinets and all that go with it! All yours and ready in 5-7 months.
- Longer until maintenance will be needed. A brand new home is decades away from needing a roof replacement. Longer until the trim needs repainted. Longer until the water heater fails.
- Built to the current style. Older patio homes may have a more traditional floor plan. Newer patio homes tend to an open floor plan that puts more emphasis on interaction between the kitchen, dining and family rooms.
- You pick your spot in the community.
- More time to sell your existing home, so less pressure on getting everything done NOW and your home on the market.
- Probably more energy efficient than older patio homes.
Cons for a new construction home:
- More limited locations. Drees, Fischer and other Cincinnati patio home builders have a handful of places they're building. Want to live elsewhere and you're out of luck if you want new.
- Noise and dust. Unless your home is one of the last built in the community, there will be new construction noises and clutter.
- New construction typically costs MORE than resale patio homes.
- You may not have a choice of basement or no basement. Depending on community, the builder may dictate that choice.
- The yard will take some time to develop. The builders typically sod the front yard, but the back is most likely straw and seed and will take some time to develop. Love big trees? You may have quite a wait depending on the community.
Those are some top line pros and cons to consider.
Here's another PRO to consider. It cost you ZERO extra to have an agent help you with new construction patio homes. All the major builders factor our fees into their overhead and DO NOT give you a discount for being unrepresented. So if you're already paying for my service, why don't you have me working for you? And I do work for YOU and not the builder.
Whether new construction or resale patio homes in Greater Cincinnati, we're here to help you make the right choice AND help you sell your existing home if you want us to.
Want to discuss further? Just give Bill a call at 513-520-5305 or email/text Liz@LizSpear.com.
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill and Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map